Quote:

. . . BiaB is more a tool to use to set up the basics of a song after which you finish it a DAW (or RealBand). (I don't even think you can call BiaB a DAW btw.)

Exactly right. BIAB has some features which look superficially like a DAW, but you will find that it is unique and has unique capabilities as well.

Quote:

I think that the only people who really do EVERYTHING in BiaB are content with having a basic (generic) background for their songs. If you want some personality of your own in a song, you have to use another DAW.

Be careful of speaking in absolutes with BIAB. There are many people on these forums who create highly-polished arrangements completely in BIAB and use them in live performance..

BIAB was originally designed to work with the General MIDI standard and has since incorporated Real Tracks. It is not well suited to use with multiple synthesizers. It can be done, but you really have to have a technical understanding of MIDI. It is much easier to accomplish in a true DAW.

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I also think the 255 bar limit is a bit er... odd, but you get RealBand with BiaB and you say you have experience with a lot of other DAWs so (so you probably own one or two...?), so I don't really see what's the problem!

Abolishing the 255-bar limit is one of the most requested items on the BIAB Wishlist. I am certain that if it could be done it would have. You have to have experience with PG Music to fully appreciate that statement.

Given that there is the need to use another program, it has been made as easy as possible. BIAB has been adapted to be able to drag and drop parts into many popular DAWs using the mouse. Of course, you can directly import BIAB files into Realband.

Welcome to the community. I look forward to seeing you participate as a fellow user. Perhaps some day you'll be showing US how to do things!

Richard

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."