Hi,

I just got a new Win7 based notebook and installed the latest BIAB (and RealBand).

On my old notebook I was running WinXP Pro with the 2008 version of BIAB and friends.

I'm using an external Ketron SD4 synth module. All was working well with the older installation.

Yesterday I had the first chance to try the new configuration live and ran into an interesting problem.

MIDI sequences that sound fine on the WinXP based machine with 2008 BIAB / RealBand suddenly sound lousy on the Win7 machine with the 2011 BIAB / RealBand software.

It sounds like the output is "detuned" and seems to have other related "strangeness".

I changed back to the old notebook and the same MIDI files sound fine there still.

I tried power cycling the Ketron just in case it was somehow in a funky state. That did not help.

The software synth plays fine.

At first I thought it might be the usual suspect of pitch bend sensitivity not being set and an previous MIDI had set it to 12 semitones, but that was not the case.

This happened on a significant number of MIDI files. All of the files in question are GM and are not trying to use any of the additional patches in the SD4.

Is there something that I have missed in the setup or configuration of the 2011 BIAB software that might explain this?

I just tried playing one of the offending sequences with the 2011 version running on WinXP Pro and I don't seem to have the problem. I'll have to switch the HW synth back to the new notebook and try again, but this might be something happening with the installation on the Win7 notebook. In that case I had installed the 2011 version on the notebook HD and was not trying to run from the external HD. So I'll try that configuration there as well.

Has anyone using an external HW Synth with the 2011 BIAB on Win7 seen anything like this?

Thanks,
Burt