Wow, sprinklers in residential?? That's ridiculous. Actually just another point made about regulations. I'm sure you know fire-rated plywood chars before burning (reducing it's strength) so the fire marshall was asking me to not actually install it between units on a multi dwelling complex. His worry was that fireman walk across a roof with shingles still intact and fall thru to a fire below. Made sense to me. I still put it in to meet code.

If septic seeps down, why all the sand on top of the system? I'm quite sure up here they count on it to perk up. Like I said, they have designed systems that pump the liquid to the field, spray it into the sand to perk up, and boast it will work above any soil. Even paved, in theory. Their sales point, not mine, and it is an accepted system here. How does it seep into frozen ground? We get 4' frost here. Septic filds are nowhere near that deep.

They required the above mentioned system near a true artesian well that they had trouble capping only 60' down, BTW.

I'm not an engineer, just a builder trying to comply with all the codes. I'll research fields up here just because of your link.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome