You make some good points, however .. his reason on raising taxes is to pick up some of the debt burden, as I read it. Not for welfare.

And for an uneducated person a $10/hour job right now is a big deal. You said it yourself; "the only way to get a bigger piece of the pie is to earn it, actually make the pie" and this is what the *highly educated* people are much more likely to accomplish. Having them take that $10/hour job is not helping anybody. It's aweful hard to "make a bigger pie" when nobody is willing to invest in the little guy right now.

Since you said Clinton's biggest accomplishment was "lowering of welfare payments, setting up work-for-welfare programs to help people" I'm surprised you took some of his statements as you did. More than one of the top 1% have said "I should pay more taxes" and still you argue it.

The housing is a big mess, and I'm sorry to say it but if anyone is taking a hit it is homeowners right now, more than banks. I own a home, didn't participate in the McMansion fad (even though I was a builder and could have for reduced cost), and I have taken a hit. I owned my home outright before this mess occurred and am still paying for the mortgage mess; Lowered value, inability to borrow against properties I own .. How is that the right? Banks won't loan to customers with a proven track record even, without jumping through hoops. I owned my home, easily borrowed against it for another property, paid that off ahead of time, and now can't get a loan for 1/4 the (current) value of the home without all kinds of problems. I tried and got so frustrated I moved my accounts just because of how I was treated. If a good customer, who was never late, with collateral can't get a loan how do I make a bigger piece of pie? Maybe I'm not bootstrappy enough but it sure seems tough right now for the little guy, educated or not.

As for Nixon and Carter; I was young then. I do remember them, but not as well as you do I guess. I know Carter's period didn't go so well economically, and Nixon, well I only know history for him. I was in grade school then, maybe Jr High. Not really up on the economics at the time.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome