Right. That's exactly why so many young doctors, computer wiz kids, other highly technical electronic, engineering, other physical sciences are jobs being filled by at least 50% foreign born people in this country. Here in California it's mostly Asian. American kids are not getting the kind of education they need to survive in that world. The same world that our politicians keep talking about btw. Good paying, highly skilled jobs with good benefits. The same politicians never talk about counselling for these kids while they're still in high school that they must, repeat must be taking math, chemistry and other hard sciences if they're going to have any chance at those jobs. Somebody needs to drive some of those 8th grade kids around back of a Chinese restaurant, look in the kitchen and tell them if you don't get your algebra and chem and physics grades up this is your future.

Anybody here read some articles about that high tech city in India? Can't remember the name of it but it's basically a collection of very good high tech schools in a huge enclave surrounded by Indian mud poor poverty. This one area is where most of the Indian high tech people come from and it's the same in various places in the Far East too. We can't keep subsidising via student loans kids getting degrees in subjects that are completely worthless in the open job market. Yes this is a free country and a kid is perfectly free to take whatever crap courses he wants but that doesn't mean taxpayers pay for it.

Switching gears here, on the news this morning is a quote from someone who's part of the Occupy LA crowd downtown who's taken over a BOFA branch. The quote is the bank has stolen from all of us and we're going to stay until they pay it back. My question to anybody here is what exactly has BOFA stolen and how did they steal it? I know some will say hey, it's those mortgages from Countrywide that BOFA bought out and it caused my house in my neighborhood to lose 50 grand in value and that's theft, isn't it? Well even that is not BOFA's fault it's the fault of FannyMae and FreddicMac. Those are the quasi government agencies who were forced by Congress to gurantee all those loans and by extension that flowed through to BOFA and the other banks. This again is very complicated but that's basically it. Then, when those mortgages were packeged up and sold as mortgage backed securities even that isn't the banks fault when people try to say that was fraud because the big ratings agencies Standard & Poor's and Moody's are the ones who gave those loan bundles a grade A rating. A bank isn't allowed to rate their own stuff and just sell it. So, who should those protesters be marching in front of again? I would say Congress, the White House and those ratings agencies.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.