Quote:

First off what is it you want to do in Sonar that you can't do in RB?

I don't know if, after changing the interface from the M-Audio Fast Track to the internal PCI card that works with the MOTU if Real Band will send me out 8 individual tracka. How I would make changes in track assignment on audio tracks to tell it which channel it will be controlled by. I know I can do it with Sonar. My trumpet player does it all the time. He uses Sonar and 2 MOTU 2048's and sends back out into his 32 channel mixer to mix there rather than on the screen.

Quote:

Secondly when you say you want to mix with a external mixer instead of a mouse type on screen mixer, i ask why?

Mainly the feel of using real sliders rather than grabbing and sliding tiny control buttons with a mouse, and having to do them one at a time. With sliders I can have my fingers on 8 channels at once.

Quote:

Third, Are you wanting to mix in Sonar, or master?

Best answer is yes. Comedic answer is "I want to be the master of my mix."

Quote:

Fourth, what kind of interface are you using to record into RB now?

Right now I use an M-Audio Fast Track Pro that is fed by my Mackie mixer for when I record supporting instruments and vocals into Real Band.

Quote:

The reason for these questions is to help you get where you want to go. The motu unit also has an internal mixer software applet, if you want to mix the software outside on a real hardware mixer you need something that acts like a controller. Something that moves the faders in both RB, and Sonar when you move the real faders on the unit.

Don't my fingers move the faders?

Here is what I have seen and done and liked it a lot.

Our trumpet guy has a 24 track mobile studio that he takes out and records with. He came to a rehearsal for my aborted Stevie Nicks trib band last year. He recorded 5 songs. He sent me a DVD of WAV files. I brought them home and imported them into my Sonar and mixed them the way my ear said was right.

Then I went to his house. With the same stuff he recorded on his rig, I was able to sit down at his console and mix again with my hands on a mixing board. That just "felt" better. I had all the drums under my fingers at once and could close my eyes and move the sliders until I heard what I wanted. The same with 4 vocal mics, and the bass/guitar/keys. I can't do that with a mouse. I have to do one track at a time, and I don't like that much. It may just be the old school in me, but I like a mixer. I can loop my digital reverbs into that mix and dump that product to a new file when I have it right (which is what I assume what you meant by mastering - making that finished product.) and move on to the next one.

Now, after exporting all tracks to WAV, importing each track to Sonar, how do I get rid of the "stuttering" that came out when I hit play? I remember this topic but have no idea what the thread name was to search for it.

Do I ask too many questions?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 10/22/11 12:42 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Are my questions stupid and obvious?
single choice
Should I stop asking questions?
single choice
Is asking questions considered taking the easy path?
single choice
Last edited by eddie1261; 10/22/11 12:44 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.