Whenever any verasion of Band in a Box does not do something that it is supposed to do:

**First, check the Support Pages and find the latest Update for your version of the program, compare it to what is reported in your Help->About window inside BiaB, and, if your version is not the latest available update, download and install the update. I do seem to recall a fix released for one of the older versions that addressed this exact problem.

**Sometimes all that is needed is a reboot of the computer. Believe it or not. My Scientific Wild-A Guess on that one is that resources can sometimes get tangled up and a reboot puts the bit ducks back in a row behind the mama bit duck. But this has indeed brought the program back to full functionality a few times here, especially if there has been a rather long editing session to a songfile before the desired operation fails to work.

**Inside BiaB, under the Options menu, is "Return to Factory Settings". Try it as well. There is a critical file that the program must be able to write to when it closes and it also must be able to read from it when the program is opened. Often can be the case that file gets corrupted at some time when BB freezes, crashes, or otherwiase must be exited in any way other than gracefully getting thru the Close Program routines. So by all means, always try the Return to Factory Settings command when the program stops doing something that it is supposed to do - but only after making sure that you're also up to date as regards those critical Program Updates.

How to find the Updates?

There's hotlink in my dotsig file, under almost every post I make here. That's one way to find 'em fast...

--Mac