John, I've tried a bunch of things with my flute, including an Audix that has a ring clip and mounts a small condenser near the mouthpiece; also another one that mounted in place of the headjoint cork. I did not care for the tone of either, and they gave too much key click noise.

In case it is of any use, what I have now is a Rode S1, which is what they call their stage mic. It's hyper-cardioid, so it's highly directional and resists feedback (which, with a Bose stick, could be a problem). This mic goes into my TC Electronics Voice Live Touch, which has phantom power and has a volume control. I can set any kind of reverb, delay, octaves, even distortion and have six presets ready to go. Then there is the Talk button, for announcing with no effects. This has been my setup for about a year, and it's superb.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors