I don’t believe you will be able to use the Garritan for the EWI and BiaB for the backing tracks as BiaB has only one midi port. Everything on the backing tracks will play using Garritan’s sounds, thus no piano, strings etc. You can set up Aria to receive some of the sounds by matching midi channels but only with BiaB using MME drivers and Aria using either MME or ASIO drivers. I use Biab in DAW mode with MME drivers in Sonar using ASIO drivers with no problems. Try either way and see what happens.

However I think a better way to do what you want to do is to use a sequencer. Have your tried RealBand? That has more than one midi port so it should work like you want. I use my EWI-USB Aria as a VSTi in Sonar with both using ASIO drivers. You are trying to use Aria as a VSTi right?

It also sounds like you are using your laptop’s soundcard. If so getting a new soundcard will really improve your sounds. Ask the guys and gals here what is the best, as I have no idea. I do not use laptop for music creation.

I hope this helps - MarioD

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware