Pat Marr said:

"Loops.. man, they are a GAME changer! I find myself reconsidering my options at every point in the song creation cycle!"

Hello! I totally agree. I migrate thru several music programs, yet always come back to BIAB. For the last year I have been using Reason and Acid Pro7 heavily. I have gigantic loops collections. When I dusted off BIAB11 last week and upgraded to 2012 I was looking at all the new features. I've only used BIAB in the past. I don't know why, but RealBand never sparked me and I never even opened it. It always seemed to be aimed more at PowerTracks users,,,,,,,I thought. I watched some RealBand videos on youtube and became hooked on it. Those RealReacks sound so much more realistic than my current midi setup. I found much similarity with the RealTracks and the loops I use in other programs.

I copied some loops to the BIAB folder and like what I heard. This certainly adds an exciting element to my song creation. It would be nice to directly access loops from their home folders instead of having to copy them. It is a waste of hard drive space to have them in two places. Maybe something BIAB2013 can address. It still amazes me how these music programs have evolved over the years and now a computer is the main platform. I so remember midi hardware from the early 80s and how you connected equipment together. Punching data into sequencers..................it took forever!!! Yet I still use some of those old midi files I created back then, mostly for nostalgia, if not really their musical content. This is a great forum, and I hope to share stuff later with all of you too!! -charley