Quote:

>> Hello Prof. Gannon
I appreciate the salutation, but it is unearned, as I've never been a professor.

Guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet. Don't recall offhand exactly where I read you were a Prof. but you have have that credit somewhere on the web...

Quote:

In the case of the hard drive version, for a *** full install** the f:\bb folder just gets copied during an install, so an update to the hard drive changes those files, and hence changes the install. So need to repatch if you patched that.

If you are doing a **minimal install** from the hard drive, then it doesn't copy the RealTracks folder, and installs a compressed image, and so you would need to reapply a patch to the c:\bb folder in that case.

Aha!! That explains it! I use the custom install option to install the bb and RT folders to separate drives. Thank you for that revelation, Peter! Oh well, so using the custom install option I'll still have to apply subsequent update patches.

In regards to the RealTrack in question, once it is added to the external hard drive, so it doesn't convey on a custom installation to separate drives and needs to be added to the RT folder subsequently? Do I understand correctly? No biggie, if I just need remember to keep a copy of the RT installer file as I have before. Thanks again!