Peter,

Thank you very much for bringing up the subject. I thought MIDI was a lost cause here. I am extremely grateful to know that you are willing to purse further development.

I am interested in 1980s and forward electronic music Styles. I may not be able to afford the latest version of BIAB, but put out a disk of styles taken from the below and I'm on it.

Fertile grounds here. Artist examples include:

- Peter Gabriel (Us, Up) does some really interesting ambient stuff as intros and interludes that could be developed into complete styles. (This is more R&B, but "Sledgehammer" and "Steam" Styles would be great!)
- Mike Oldfield (Ommadawn, Hergest Ridge, Tubular Bells 1, 2, and 3, Tres Lunas, The Songs of Distant Earth) has some tracks going that would translate well into MIDI. (I am NOT asking you to attempt his guitar work, unless you want to try it as Real Tracks.)
- Jean Michel Jarre (Oxygene [plus sequels], Equinoxe, Les Chants Magnetiques, Zoolook, etc.)
- Vangelis (Blade Runner)
- Tangerine Dream (all, but especially their Hollywood period)
- Klaus Schulze (take your pick--he has a 50-CD set out. I'll have to do some more research to narrow it down.)
- Kraftwerk (Autobahn)
- Mannheim Steamroller (all)
- Yello (Get On)
- Air (La Femme D'Argent)
- William Orbit
- Robert Miles
- Kitaro

There is more, but that's it off the top of my head. I've been thinking about this for a very long time.

If you want to hear exactly what I am drawing from, go to Shoutcast/Winamp and search on "Klasyka Muzyki Elektronycznej." (Polish for "Classic Electronic Music.") Winamp gives you song titles and group names. I listen to this station almost constantly. I draw heavily on this music as inspiration for my sound.

Last edited by Ryszard; 12/16/11 08:54 AM.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."