PT2011 does have BIAB import capability; however, unlike RealBand, it does not have the BIAB accompaniment generation engine. When you open a BIAB in PT, you only get the melody/soloist track, as well as the chord grid. None of the other BIAB tracks get generated.

PT will not use any RealTracks, but it can use RealDrums. The main difference, as I see it, between RealBand and PT now is that RealBand will automate a lot of the music generation process, where PT pretty much expects for you (and/or your band mates) to play the parts yourself, whether audio or MIDI.

I agree with Bob, however, that if you have BIAB (which means you should have RealBand), then use RealBand. PT is great, however, if you just need an audio/MIDI sequencer without the auto-generation features. PT is a whole lot less expensive than having to buy BIAB to get RealBand (and I suspect, it would be the same even if they offered RealBand separately, because to use RealBand to its fullest, you need all the RealTracks, etc, which is what adds to the price).

My $0.02 worth, decreasing in value every day.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com