Noel,

Thanks for listening to my work.

At one time, I got the wrong impression that when you open a BIAB file in RB, the tracks were "frozen" thus re-gen was not required. The same person, I think, also told me that NEITHER BIAB or RB was not sync capable. So I had some wrong ideas about RB in general.

What I want to do is generate Real Track instrument in BIAB. Once I have a track that I like, I would export that instrument as WAV. file and import it into RB. Please understand that my experience with RB is nearly zero. In reality I need to spend some time exploring RB to find out what it can do for me in particular. Just knowing that RB is MTC capable makes me very happy. Once I get into RB, I'll be asking some questions in this forum.

Thanks for listening. By the way, its my client who is the singer/songwriter. I'm his producer. His 10 song CD generated about $5000 for me in 2011. BIAB is a great investment.

I have used BIAB for clients in the all MIDI days. But I always "groove quantized" all my MIDI sequences in Sonar, then digitally recorded the sound module's output into my Roland DAW. Actually, the second track "Someone to Love" is all MIDI with "groove quantize" on them.

When REAL TRACKS came along, I was blown away with the sound. I can't wait for my 2012 to arrive. Bunch more Real Tracks and some cool new features.

That said . . . things are not quite as automatic as PG Music would want us to believe . . . specially when generating a SOLOS. The first thing you will find out is that there are too few "solist" Real Tracks to choose from. What I did was to recommend styles (2 or 3 at most) to my client knowing that these have usable "soloist" Real Tracks I can use.

It takes some work to generate solos that are good enough for me. The particular sax solo you mentioned started with about a dozen "takes" from BIAB recorded into my DAW. Once in the DAW, I comped the parts I liked down to the finished solo. Before I get something I liked well enough to keep as a "take", I must have re-generated and listened to half a dozen re-gens. All this takes time and patience. All the solos were "created" in a similar manner. BIAB, IMO is very versatile tool ever since Real Tracks were introduced.

Now . . . If they can come out with Joe Satriani RT guitar, or Larry Carlton RT guitar would be cool as hell !

I have a lot of experimenting to do.

Thanks
Ed