jazzmammal,

I'm still digesting the new features in BIAB. Thanks for your informative post.

Seems my instinct was right. I would be doing all my generating in BIAB and do the comping in RB. I just need to do some comparison on the editing track abilities for my DAW vs RB. The great thing is, I can listen to BIAB tracks in sync with tracks on my DAW using RB.

Now, I don't have to start recording into my DAW until much later in the project process. I start with scratch track vocal and guitar recorded to a metronome. Then I would generate BIAB tracks, 2 or 3 styles and record them as stereo tracks into the DAW. I would then visually sync them for the next session. We decide on a style, record a new scratch vocal and guitar tracks if any. Record BIAB tracks from the selected style into individual tracks for the next session. As the project progresses, every time changes were made, I've had to re-record BIAB tracks individually.

Now that RB can sync, I don't have to record into the DAW until I'm quite certain that all changes to the backing tracks are all done. Until all the tracks are recorded into the DAW, I can just sync the computer to my DAW hear both. It would certainly make life easier on my part.

I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to LEARNING a new DAW . . . Real Band . . . new trick for an old dog.

Thanks
Ed