Quote:

Yes you can have playback at same time, as long as 'Full Duplex' is enabled in the audio options (it's been many years since that was an issue on most systems).

Is it a desktop or laptop? This will affect choices. Do you have a PCI slot available (if desktop)
Do you have a USB 2.0 port available if a laptop?
Need more info to recommend anything, but you will need a soundcard device to record into, and one that can accept a mic (unless you have a mixer laying around and I'm guessing you don't).

Yes, Realband is up to the task. I've recorded as many as 16 tracks at once doing 'live' recording.

Well...I have to learn about "full duplex" too I think,heh.

I have the BIAB 2010.5 with it's RealBand attached program,etc. I'm also on a regular desktop and a couple USB ports on the front of the tower available,etc. I DO have "Soundblaster" for my sound on the computer so BIAB/RB has been playing I think through that,etc. It also does have a "mic" input channel of sorts but I've never used it before,etc. My BIAB and RB are on the desktop so I don't have that other newer set up with the separate hard drive,etc.

Phil