Good thanks, that helps me understand what you are talking about.

1. Flexible signal routing (not fixed to a hardware mixer mentality - many DAW let you use unlimited 'aux' type busses simply because you can use tracks as a bus)

Not many DAWs, just one, Reaper. Sonar, Studio one, Cubase, Protools, Etc. all use aux busses like a mixer, only Reaper uses any track you want as an aux buss. While that is real neat, it is not really necessary. Sure it is a cool feature, but as long as you can place effects in a aux busses and send and return is that not the point? RB does that.

2. Easy to use graphically based, node-enabled automation tools to control plugin and MIDI parameters.

This is a good one, and i agree completely. The automation in RB is okay, in a pinch, but really weak. i have tried to use it several times, and can, but it is not as precise, or has far less options.

3. Seamless integration of tempo locking (I use this with auto-filters and delay parameters all the time)

Another one that is good.

4. Sensible plugin use integration, without having to think of 'slots' and so forth.

Again this is a Reaper mentality issue. Sonar, Protools, Cubase, and all the others use synth rack, and effect slots. Reaper lets you route anyway you want, and place sends and returns everywhere, allows VSTi, and VST placement on any track. Really cool in theory, but also not needed. As long as you can route each track to a synth that is the purpose.

5. Native audio edit tools that are non-destructive, built in cross-fading capability, etc. (actually, it took ProTools up to about 5 years ago to 'get' cross fading as a standard feature - so perhaps it's not fair to put this one in but I've been used to it since about 2005.)

Again a good one, while there is the smooth audio thing, it is not a true crossfade feature.

6. Folder tracks

fancy feature that is cool, but you really do not need it often. Look if you are making music in a way that is not one of RB strengths, then using other software to polish is great. I have a ton of wood working tools, and so many are just for one specific purpose. I use what works. My process will work fine in RB, so i rarely jump over to anything else.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.