Tho I use both, and they each have their place, in real life for real folks that I play for RT win hands down for the creation of backing tracks.

I have listened over & over to the great creations & demos of Notes Norton, who a lot of folks feel are the best style & fake book files around for BiaB, and I still walk away disappointed. We have, for the last 2 days, listen & re-listen to the Sophisticats Video & Audio demos, and have to say it still sounds like karaoke to our ears...it is still stiff sounding. It is not just us tho, I have turned a LOT of folks on to BiaB & Norton's products and most say the same thing...

Is midi still usable? ABSOLUTELY! My comments do not take away from the fine musicianship Notes & others show on the forum, FAR FROM IT! And for our productions we still use midi for a track or two here & there......

But the bottom line to almost all my MUSICIAN friends is that midi does NOT compare to RT for live backing tracks. As for the general public, they don't really care from OUR experience, they just want to hear some music. Are the stupid or ignorant? FAR FROM IT, but in a world of machine music & mp3 files, the expectation of quality is severely low.....

Why do ya think DJ's rule the gig world instead of real live bands anymore?

Just a IMHO, YMMV, yada yada type of post....

(and for the English police out there, get over it! )

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10