David, i agree, but with Realtracks, you get what they are, nothing more. With midi strings you have far more control, you pick the notes, you pick the velocity, you pick the start and stop point precisely. You chose what instruments, and when and where. More work, but far more options. Heck with even something like TTS you can build very convincing strings. There are literally tons of pad type synths out there that are so powerful, many free. I have the studio instruments from cakewalk that can with my sonar essentials, wow what a great sound, and very versatile as well. Actually most strings you hear in television, and even movies today are midi strings.

I can imagine a few basic string runs in RTs but to setup and produce elaborate strings would require the expense of bringing in an full on orchestra. And to have every kind of string that people would want would be daunting. Having said all that i imagine someday they will tackle that, but first i hope for some basic vocal Oohs and Aahs, and some things like that. Vocal midi is nearly impossible from what i see, and would be worth the effort.

Your not wrong, and I am not right, just different views, and thoughts.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.