Quote:

But to do serious recording on a 7 3/4 x 5 3/4 screen is not something I'm interested in. Maybe I'm getting old.

Yep, you are Charlie as am I. It's all about eyesight buddy. My 30 year old assistant can read stuff on his phone that I need my custom computer/reading glasses to see. I did a gig a few months ago where one of the young players pulled up charts on his phone using an Android app called 4realbook or something like that. I costs 6 bucks. He put his phone on his music stand and read it from 5 feet away. I could barely read it from 2 feet.

For young people that Ipad is more than big enough to do whatever they want. We have several hundred pilots as tax clients and almost all have Ipads for all kinds of pilot related stuff like charts and things. That's why the Air Force just announced they're buying 18,000 IPads for their pilots. It replaces whole big leather bags full of flight charts. Of course, those pilots are young and have perfect eyesight.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.