Quote:

...but so far there's no law against talking about how to use software to duplicate copyrighted material

I highly suspect there is a term for discussion of illegal activities and it is illegal. There is actually a fine line between discussion and execution in the eyes of the court. We just sent our prior Governor of the State to jail for 14 years for "talking about" an illegal activity regardng selling of the senate seat.

Perhaps a disclaimer bar for the forum:
The disclaimer would state that - the information on the site is all hypothetical and can not be used in a court of law. It would also state that the site does not condone use of software for copywrite infringement and that you are not a employee of the government nor are you working with a government employee at all .

or,

Illegal/Dangerous Activities:
"Explicit "how to" discussions of illegal and/or dangerous activities, or posts advocating such activities, are prohibited; such as: how to make explosives, manufacture crack, steal software, hack into the CIA, use software to infringe on copywritted material ... "

But that kind of content just draws the attention and notice of Government bots which search the web for illegal activities.

Remember the first rule of fight club? "..you don't talk about fight club" - Brad Pitt

But then Perhaps I need my own Disclaimer:
"I am not an attorney and any advice is not to be construed as legal advice. You might even want to ignore my advice. Actually, there are plenty of real attorneys that you might want to ignore as well."