Quote:

Yes I listened to all the links on this page ,it did not sound like a real guitar. It didn't sound awful just not like a real guitar,it was better than the Sax though. Over the years I have played guitars that were MIDI controllers they all sounded better as a piano than a guitar. If PG didn't think the same they would have stayed a MIDI only program,don't you think they changed for the better?

Ok, I see where the disagreement lies. You are saying the Hendrix style guitar doesn't sound like a 'real' guitar and on that I agree. I never claimed it did. What I did claim is that it sounds 'good'. And I maintain that claim. The sound that's possible now with BiaB midi tracks is orders of magnitude better than it was with prior versions.

Furthermore, I have said all along, and many others have said the same, that when mixed with RTs and RDs these guitar tracks can fool a non-musician. As a bassist I might not be fooled by a particular midi bassline even dressed up with good FX and emulation since I'd likely spot the problems with articulation and expression. But I'd quite likely be fooled by a good sax line since I know nothing about sax. To me that means midi has become far more usable than it was in the past.

Since I use BiaB mainly for backing tracks to play bass or sing to the holy grail of midi is not whether it sounds absolutly 'real' but whether it creates the illusion of jamming with a great musician like Hendrix and IMO it does that.

BiaB 2013 b366, RB 2013 b4, WinXP Pro SP3, Toshiba M70, 1.8GHz 2GB RAM 100GB HD. Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Ketron SD2.BiaB Wiki