I'm not at home right now but I think you can save the melody track as a wav to it's own file. Then nuke the that track in Biab and import the wav file back onto the audio track. When you do that I believe you can specify how many bars you want it offset by so you can line it up. Note it's no longer a Real Track, now it's simply another wav file.

Working with melodies in Biab is very clunky sometimes. I agree with you I've been bitten by this problem as well. This is why I've gotten into the habit of not creating the melody in Biab until I'm positive the song arrangement is finished precisely because of this problem with the melody. I use Real Band so much now I sometimes forget these little Biab things. The thing is now they've added so many neat RB type features to Biab 2012 the lines are getting blurred.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.