Okay, had the Behringer (and the M-Audio Fast Trak) installed in about 20 minutes after downloading fresh drivers for both. Some minor configuration, that was little more than holding down button 4 while powering up. Opened Sonar. Set the MIDI device and control surface ports to the proper places, loaded a song that was already dumped to WAV files and saved that way, turned on automation, and watched as the volume sliders on the tracks went up and down while I played. One little thing I need to figure out yet is how to renumber the tracks. I have 9 tracks on this song. 1-8 and on slider 1 thru 8. Then I go to the next back of 8 and for some reason track 9 on the song is on slider 6 of the second bank. I THINK it's because I was bouncing them around while they were in Real Band and deleted a bunch of tracks and moved that vocal track 9 up to the 9 slot. I will play with it more over the weekend but if nothing else this has the cool factor as I watch the sliders move slowly and subtly showing the automation changes.

Scott, you were right. This is better.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.