Quote:

The ONLY downside to Real Band is that Real Band is ruining me for playing. The software plays better than I ever have or ever will. I have created guitar solos with the Real Tracks that the very good guitar players from my old band say "Wow. Who is that?"

Beat Real Band up some before you move away from it.

I understand that! But for me it's HELPING my playing! I stuck a Real Tracks solo by Brent Mason in a simple progression in a BIAB song and it was great! Frankly, I never could have thought of it myself and was going to leave it but thought, "Why not learn the solo and play it myself?" (Besides, even the guitar tablature is there!) And so I learned it. For me, BIAB is great for coming up with new improvised guitar solos. (Which is a problem I have.) Anyhow, I haven't "composed" any songs with RealBand yet but I'm VERY happy with BIAB and can open all the stuff in RealBand so there's no need to learn writing on RealBand now, just how to record with it.

Okay, so I deleted "Reaper" and will concentrate on RealBand. It was just that I saw the videos and thought that was the way to go. I still don't get that so many of the videos that are on the front page of the tutorials/video page were for "Reaper" and not RealBand instruction. Oh well, they were great (mostly saw the ones for BIAB and beginning with RealBand) but think it would have been nice if the instruction was for RealBand instead of Reaper. Oh well...

Oh, another positive aspect of using BIAB and RealBand is this forum. It's great that I get all my questions answered so quickly.

Thanks all!