I used to do a schtick where when announcing a song, I'd say, "Here is another song never recorded by Britney Spears." It got many laughs a few years ago (I usually play to an over 40 audience).

I like Pat Marr's observation.

And I'm alive, so is Leilani, so even though our tracks are pre-recorded, our performance over those tracks is live.

I've seen ads for Live DJ and always got an internal grin over that, after all, if the DJ was dead, how could he/she spin records, CDs, or digital files?

We were in a big variety show for a retirement village, and before us were some female impersonators lip-syncing to songs by Barbra Streisand and Liza Minnelli. Not my proverbial 'cup of tea' but the audience laughed it up quite a bit. The performers were definitely live.

I've also seen Elvis impersonators lip-sync to Elvis Presley records. Again, something I wouldn't pay to see, but they were performing anyway. And I'm old enough to notice how as time goes on, the Elvis-impersonators get less and less like the real Elvis.

We once got booked in a club on Sunday where the sign said Live Reggae. We knew about a dozen reggae songs, not enough, so I told the crowd my name was Reggie but my parents didn't spell it correctly. We ended up getting re-booked in that club on Sundays for about 2 years, but they changed the sign.

So I'm with you, Pat. Anything that gets them up, away from the salesman in the living room (TV) and into a club, theater, or whatever where a performer is actually performing is a live performance.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks