I'm looking for some guidance in using backing tracks.
I am hoping someone here, that may have tried the many different approaches to this issue, can lend me some advice as to the Pros and Cons that come with these different methods.

I have RealTrack drum and bass backing tracks that I have put together using BIAB and RB.
I've panned the drums to the right and bass to the left.
So that I can plug them into their individual channels on my PA, and have individual volume and eq controls of each.
I don't plan to expand my use of backing tracks beyond these two instruments (drums and bass).
These backing tracks would be used by a duo, consisting of male and female vocals and one guitar rhythm/lead.
We would be playing at Retirement Facilities with tunes like, Ain't Misbehaving, Girl From Ipanema, and Crazy.

I've been searching the internet for ideas on what might be a cost effective way to play these backing tracks
thru my powered Peavey mono mixer.
I've read that some folks use Looper pedals like the JamMan Solo, some use small battery powered MP3 players,
some have mixers with usb inputs and control the backing tracks thru their laptop.
and the one idea that I'm leaning toward is a DJ type single CD player with USB (for flashdrive).
I like the DJ CD deck idea because it can play a single song and stop, without having to reach for a pause button. This would also be very cost effective, with my present inventory of musical equipment.
Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Bill

Last edited by DHD; 03/15/12 01:21 AM.