I think it would be nice if BIAB created a real self-contained portable BIAB app for phones and tablets--for IOS, Android, perhaps even Windows Mobile?

The current portable BIAB app for IOS and Android is only to connect over the Internet to your PC that has BIAB running, and tu run it at a distance, create a song, and send a .wav file of the song over the Internet so that the phone or tablet can play it.

That requires that one's home computer is running, connected to the Internet, that BIAB is running on it, and its background communication program is running. Also of course, one has to have an Internet connection (a fast one, I would think) available on the phone or tablet, wherever one is.

Many times those conditions may very well not be present. One could be on a long transcontinental airline flight, What better way to pass the time than to whip out the phone or tablet and work with BIAB? Oops, sorry, no internet connection on the flight. When one reaches one's destination in the foreign country, getting an internet connection on the phone might be very expensive, so most of the time one is not connected. Furthermore, if one leaves home for weeks, one might not want to leave the home computer running and connected to the Internet for weeks, with no one home.

So, IMO the current IOS and Android portable BIAB app is not really very portable, and would not be usable in many situations.

Couldn't a self-sufficient portable phone/tablet BIAB app be created? Is that already in the works? Of course it could not be just like 2012 desktop BIAB. One is unlikely on a phone or tablet to have storage space for thousands of Real Tracks (or even hundreds). Furthermore, even with the portable processors being faster than they used to be, still probably too slow to run RTs and RDs. Well--RTs and RDs are not necessary for a portable BIAB app like that. All MIDI would be fine. I believe these portable OSes all come with a decent GM midi software synthesizer built-in, no? I think it would be fine for a portable BIAB app to be solely MIDI. If you create a song on the road with solely MIDI styles, when you get home you could transfer it to the desktop,and then add RTs and RDs.

Who else reading this think it would be great to get a really portable self-contained BIAB app, for all the mobile OSes? Please chime in.