Lionel,

That's a curious problem that you have. When my system has not always had the soundcard, BIAB used to tell me that the driver couldn't be found but it still opened up and I needed to reset the MIDI output. This was before 2012, though. I haven't been in a position to discover if this is true of 2012.

It is possible to force BIAB to open by going for the ultimate factory reset. To do this, rename the files "intrface.bbw" (not spelling - it is NOT "intErface") and "mysetup.dk" in your BB folder. I usually rename them to "intrface.bbw.old" and "mysetup.dk.old".

Doing this effectively stops BIAB from seeing the setup files and it will create new ones. Then, when you return to where the soundcard is, you can rename the newly created files and then remove the ".old" ending from the previous one. This will restore your system to its previous state.

Before doing the above, though, I'd try a full factory reset and see if that makes any difference.

One other question ...

In you MIDI set up, do you have "Microsoft MIDI Mapper" selected as output? There have been many posts indicating that this has created problems and that changing to "Microsoft GS Wavetable" solves those problems. Such problems seem to occur even though the driver might not be being used because VXT/DXi is activated.

Hope these thoughts help,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024