Quote:

First are all of the "audio" parts of the song
in your Seq file.

If so you can Click Audio at top left.
Select Merge Audio and VSTi/DXi tracks to Stereo.
This will create a stereo wav file containing all parts of the
song.

I use Audacity with Lame mp3 encoder installed.
Load the wave file into Audacity.
Edit out the beginning space and end space.
Maybe edit in Fade-in and Also Fade-out.

Export from Audacity as Mp3.

I just got back to this because I was having problems with something I did and sort of remembered that I asked an MP3 question before. (I searched, which lead me back here! ). Anyhow, I recorded a gals vocals to the Paola (karaoke/instrumental) version of "Blue Bayou". The gal didn't really know Paola's version so she didn't sing it quite right. Well, what I did was bought the Ronstadt karaoke/instrumental version and replaced the Paola version with it. That's when I had to do my first REAL editing. Since the vocals didn't fit with the Ronstadt version so I CUT/COPY/PASTED them to fit and they came out pretty good I must say so myself.

Then I had a problem which I found an answer to from a Google search that lead to a forum somewhere I have forgotten. It had to do with downloading the LAME .dll as neither Reaper nor Audacity worked without it. I downloaded one that was specifically for Audacity (works)_ and I read how when you download a .dll to actually stick it in the Windows system32 folder. Which I did and now Reaper allows me to do the MP3 also! But I encountered another problem. I did the usual thing of RB being in PLUGIN MODE and I dragged the 2 tracks (one at a time) from RealBand into Reaper but I couldn't get the song to start AT THE BEGINNING! It started someplace like at the chorus EVERY time! And the same thing happened in Audacity! Indeed, NEITHER programs would start AT THE BEGINNING. The song would only start at the beginning in RealBand. (I still don't know why.) So what sucked was that even though I now had both Reaper and Audacity being able to make me a MP3 file it was of no use because the song didn't start at the right place.

Then I did a search here because I vaguely remembered me asking about how to obtain an MP3 file sometime ago because there was no way to from RB by way of a simple drop down menu or "Save As" thing as both Reaper and Audacity have. I thought RB only saved to .SEQ and a few other things. But when I came back here and read what you wrote "click Audio at top left. Select Merge Audio and VSTi/DXi tracks to stereo") VIOLA!! The .WAV file was created which I could THEN bring into Reaper and/or Audacity and create the desired MP3 file!!

A question, why does RB create an MP3 file itself like both Reaper and Audacity can? Is it a licensing thing or am I just confused?)