Hmm. I have played around with this feature a bit more and done some analysis on it - more to come. So far, it seems that 'Riff' means something different to jazz musicians as it does to rock/pop/country. Having watched the video on this topic and tried it out across a whole song, I can no longer see this as a 'riff' tool - to my mind, it is more of a 'style' tool as it does not seem to generate actual riffs at all. I know there are some terminology differences (for instance, a 'chorus' in jazz does not appear to be the same as a 'chorus' in rock/pop/country) and a 'style' could conceivably have two separate meanings between the genres but to my mind a 'riff' is a one or two bar musical piece that modulates according to the chord. However...

The 'riff' tool can be used to get you half way to a riff based line. You can take an RT and make a 1 bar section (or 2 bar, or 4) and save that as a loop. If you set the loop to modulate with the chords (dependant either on the root or the slash), you NOW have a riff based line - very useful for bass parts... Of course, the one bar riff would be the easiest to work with

Follow That Dream

Sam
Karaoke King

--------------------

Turning that corner again - I have to keep following that dream, no matter what