Trying to understand and help, confused by your comment: "I tried to connect a MIDI keyboard to drive Reason 6, first by USB, then by standard MIDI In." In looking at the Presonus hookup diagram ( http://www.presonus.com/products/detail.aspx?productid=53 ), it looks like how I hooked mine up...midi out on the keyboard to the midi in of the Prosonus AND USB out from the Prosonus to your computer...you need both to drive your DAW. Perhaps I misunderstood your comment. Are you using an isolated USB port ....one that is not shared with any other USB items (usually this is the top USB port...the one below it usually uses the same port.

Note under specs and downloads the updated drivers for 32 and 64 bit machines and the fact that this unit is USB 1.1.

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3