Eddie,

You have, to put it mildly, enough significant situational stuff going on that almost anyone would be affected. What you describe is medically referred to as anhedonia--loss of enjoyment in formerly pleasurable activities. It is a primary symptom of depression.

I'm not a professional and I'm not suggesting that you are depressed. Nevertheless, as one who has been there (I'm on chronic antidepressants and will be for the rest of my life), I mention it for the sake of completeness.

There are many symptoms and you have to have several to considered clinically depressed. If you feel this may be the case Google "depression checklist" and see whether you qualify. If it appears to be so you may want to consider counseling and medication, if only for the short term. Even if you don't have insurance, many times excellent care is available in the public sector.

You have received a lot of good suggestions and I suggest you try some or all of them. They don't cost anything and they may work. But I hate to see anyone suffer needlessly. I want to be sure you have all the information available to make informed choices.

Richard