After ALL that angst over the MOTU use, the whining, the moaning, the complaining, the debugging, the remote control session with 2 different people including a PG tech, and the resulting bug fix to allow us to use a second interface, I just listed the stuff on eBay.

Thanks out to Scott for taking the time to introduce me to control surfaces (finally) in language I could understand (I am not at his level and he broke it down to newbie terms for me). And thanks to another forum user who gave me a nice deal on his Behringer BCF2000. It integrated BEAUTIFULLY with my Sonar software AND lived through a studio move where I (stupidly) didn't take a picture of which USB was plugged into what port, so 3 of 4 devices had to redetect (XP on that box). I still need to make one quick call to Behringer to learn how to make preset 1-2-3-4 relate to each bank of 8 tracks, but it will do 32 tracks without breaking a sweat, and I rarely get past 10 or 11.

But, now that I have indeed climbed and conquered Mount MOTU, it's time to move on. 2 MOTU 2408s and a PCIx-424 PCI card later (well, AND a good email exchange with Scott), it's time to use digital controls. It's one more step in the process to write in RB, export to WAV files and import them into Sonar, but if only for the cool factor of watching the sliders move to reflect the automation events, it's what I was looking for in the first place.

I will get behind this barricade now to protect myself from the bottles, cans and various types of debris I anticipate will be lobbed in my direction after ALL that discussion....

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.