Hi, jazmammal.

I really don't want to have an argument, but I think you're still missing my point:

It seems that there's some kind of incompatibility between ASIO4ALL and the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth. This is, of course not PG Music fault.

Now, for testing purposes, I tried to use both in Reaper. By default, Microsoft Synth is deactivated (I suposse because most of the people simply don't use it nowadays), so after activating it, I got an error message informing me that I was not going to be able to use the Microsoft Synth. Other than that, I could continue using the program normally: audio worked, software synths worked, everything worked except that Microsoft thing. Right.

On the other hand, if you try to use both in BIAB nothing is going to work. No audio, no MIDI, no software synths, nothing works no matter if you're using or not that Microsoft synth. The only thing you get is a message that says that "The ASIO4ALL driver is not connected, likely due to your using a softh-synth (like GS-WaveTable) for MIDI.", even if you're only using realtracks or if you're using DXi and VSTi for MIDI. And the only suggestion BIAB actually gives is to reboot the computer, wich actually is not going to work. (Again, if I'm loosing somehting, please let me know)

Now try to see the problem from the average end user perspective who may not even know this forum...

Last edited by Cerio; 05/26/12 07:11 AM.