Quote:

<...>The only reason I bring this up is we lost a friend last week on a Harley at 5:30am on his way to work to a texting driver crossing the center line.........The police report is "it was an accident." That's a bunch of bull @#$%!!!!!!! <...>

My old insurance company said that talking on a cell phone is just as dangerous as driving drunk, and texting is even worse.

Funny, back in the 80s, the MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) crusaded to get the drunk driving penalties increased. Driving while talking on the phone is as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. Where are they now? Talking on the phone while they are driving I suspect.

There should be a law that prohibits using a cell phone while driving. First offense, a big fine. Second offense, permanent revocation of your license.

And if someone gets killed while you are using your phone, mandatory involuntary manslaughter charges should be required.

I do a lot of driving, and the road that leads to my house is 15 miles of narrow 2 lane pavement with hills and curves. Plus there is no right-of-way as the road was built probably in the 20s or 30s and there is a lot of wildlife in the area. I often see people texting, talking on the phone, and otherwise not paying attention to staying in their lane. We lose a few people per year on this road.

Whether you are on a bike, car or truck, texting and phone talking people are endangering your life.

I am a live-and-let-live person, and I believe we should all have the right to pursue our happiness. But when your pursuit of happiness endangers that of your neighbor, that is where the line is drawn.

Please if your phone rings, pick up, say "hold on" and pull off the road to talk. Or better yet, let them leave a message and call them back when you are no longer driving.

Brand new 2012.5 updates from Norton Music:
  • 2 new style disks for Band-in-a-Box
  • 2 new free (with a purchase) fancy intro/ending disks for Real Band and other DAW's
  • The Ultimate Gospel Fake Disk
  • The Real Rock Fake Disk (plenty of classic rock in this one)
  • The Beatles Fake Disk
  • And an updated Christmas Fake Disk

Hundreds of Free .sgu and .mp3 demos for the above at: http://www.nortonmusic.com