I've got IRealB for my Kindle Fire (Android 2.3-based), and I also want a "converter" that can take BIAB files and produce the chord sheets for IReal. It would be nice to go the other way and suck a IRealB file into BIAB.

I haven't seen anyone say they are working on an app to do this -- probably something that runs in Windows and converts both ways would be minimal. If I don't hear of something in a month or so, I may have to write one myself. (This entails doing more research to update my old version of the app that parses BIAB files to pull out time sig, BPM, repeats, chords, codas, etc.)

I think the real problem with such a program will be that BIAB is still stuck in a file format that doesn't allow multiple or nested repeat loops within a song. This is one of the primary reasons it's difficult for PG to implement MusicXML or other rich music formats because newer formats allow, within reason, multiple repeats, including nested repeats. For now, BIAB has to "unroll" the repeats, and a conversion program has to find the points where repeats can be added to create a lead-sheet of chords that IRealB can use.

If anyone hears of a conversion app between IRealB and BIAB, please post on this thread since I will get notified when you post.

Thanks in Advance

Jerry Schneider
Boulder, CO.