Note that in my previous post I specified the MIDI SuperTracks and NOT the RealTracks.

Personally I would NEVER attempt to use the MIDI that accompanies a RealTrack to actually play a part, simply because of the lack of what we MIDIOTS call the "performance data" -- those parameters already mentioned. There are some cases where a Real Instrument was used along with a MIDI capture device and both were recorded simultaneously, but I can't easily figure out which ones are like that and they may either be few and far between or nonexistent.

But I'm not very likely to want to try to get a RealTrack to play my assigned notes either. Because that is what we already have, a MIDI sampler, and using the MIDI sampler, hardware or software is the right tool for that job.

The noob at MIDI will often think that simply changing a Patch will change the Instrument Part. Things like changing Piano track to Vibes. But then you have a Vibes player with ten mallets. Or attempts to change a Piano to Organ, you yield an organist who does not know how to voice for the organ. Or an organ that does the realworld impossibility of being Touch/Velocity sensitive, etc.

One thing I've learned painfully years back is that any attempts to shortcut things in the studio typically don't work very well in the production...

--Mac