Citaat:

Social Visitors: They like to hear the music in the background, but still be able to hold their personal conversations at normal speaking volume over the music. They expect the music to enhance the mood of their visit and conversation, period. They are usually the first to let you know when the music is “too loud”.

Listeners: They like to listen to the music in its entirety at a comfortable listening volume. They are usually into the music and will hold their conversations in-between tunes on breaks. This group very seldom complains about music volume, that is unless it is ”really loud” although they have been known to complain about loud conversations around them. However most of the time they will just find a seat closer to the performer or band to better hear the music or see the act.

Dancers: They not only like to hear the music, they like to feel it as well. So while the volume for this group maybe acceptable for the “Listeners” as well it may be a bit too loud for the “Social Visitor”. This group will be the first to fill the tables closest to the band and dance floor. If this group complains about the music “being too loud”, it is too loud!

It's the listeners and the dancers (and or sing-along folks) I do my thing for. If people don't want to participate, that's fine with me. If the volume bothers you you can always go a couple of meters to the back of the room where the volume is at conversation level.

The "social Visitors" (read: "Hey, I don't care if you're hired by the married couple to play music at their wedding. I just want to enjoy my free food and drinks and have a quite conversation. I don't give a duck that the married couple likes to see a filled dance-floor and people singing along and having a good time. I don't like that sort of thing. Period. And yes, I must sit right in front of your speakers. And now turn that thing down.")

I once had a very anti-social social visitor. He kept on complaining the volume was too loud (remaining his seat which he had put right in front of my speakers!) and requesting that I would take a break. I told him that I was actually getting paid to be there whereas he had to buy his way into that party. I asked him who would be missed more if one of us was to leave at that moment ....