Ahh..slide rules - got me through high school, AF tech school, and part of college, I suspect quite a few on THIS forum used them as well and in the same "venues!"

I also collect them and have a fairly large collection, a few can be seen http://sliderulemuseum.com/ (look under Dietzgen).

I had more in Mike's gallery but he replaces virtual collection (ones not physically at the museum) with ones the museum actually owns (some bought, some donated which is where my collection will go some day). There are some manuals that I passed along as well (they didn't have and or the correct version wasn't on the web anywhere).

I still carry a pocket SR in my bag. Sometimes it's a Nestler 0130 MultiMath Duplex but most of the time it's a Pickett N-600ES, becasue that particular model went to the moon on Apollo missions (SR's, paper and pencil got us to the moon; not 64 digits of "precision"

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 08/18/12 05:23 PM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20