Gents,

Yes, I'm happy with the way the bass/piano/drums accompaniment is generated from the chords that I specify. Especially, now that I understand a bit better how the accompaniment is generated from the chords (and the styles) I can choose.

Also, I did initially ask for insights about generating melodies from Dorian Minor scale tones, but since I am primarily interested in "backing tracks" based on the chord progression, I now realize that I do not need the soloist-type melody, since I will supply that from my own improvisation. What I need is for the baseline to play notes that "sound" like the Dorian Minor mode.

The best suggestion I have heard so far is to use the minor 6th chord for that, because the, say, Dm6 chord, produces baseline notes in the D Dorian Minor scale.

By the way, I ran the Aebersold .MP3 sound file through the Audio Chord Wizard, loaded the analyzed chords back into Band-In-A-Box, and listened to how it sounded. It produced a bunch to complex chord progressions that didn't really match up to how the original piece sounded. So, I ended up just selected a single chord for each of the three eight-bar phrases of the 24-bat song, and that, along with the correct jazz style sounded the closest to the Aebersold backing track I was trying to duplicate.

As I mentioned in another post, I haven't played with the Soloist or the scales over chords features yet, as I just want to first get a good Dorian Minor-sounding baseline from the chords and styles. But, I'll likely fool around with these features going forward or as time permits. Cheers,

David

-:-

Cheers,
dbailey7

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke