Morning Noel,
Quote:

Firstly: Did you set the key to Eb major? This would be necessary as it tells BIAB what diatonic notes to play and Eb major has all the notes needed for F Dorian.

Doh, my bad. I reworked all this morning.

Quote:

Secondly: I might have interpreted your post incorrectly but the chords Ebm6 and Dm6 are not harmonically related to F Dorian. (Ebm6 has a Gb in it and Dbm6 has an A natural in it, and both of these notes are foreign to F Dorian.)

This chord sequence is from JA and covers three dorian scales.

Quote:

After reading your post, I thought I'd have a play around with the Dorian mode and see what happened if I used a Brent Mason soloist with a country backing. The link below is an audio file of what resulted.

... link to Dorian mode example (country) - right-click and choose "Save link"

Let me give this a listen, in the mean time I did redo my work from last night. I did what had been recommended earlier by several folks (credits to the right people). I just needed to change keys at each chord change:

Here is the actual BIAB file (v2012) Right Click to Save to Disk: Dorian Mode Lesson ala JA style.SGU

I did a quick jam in dorian over the changes and this may be what David is looking for. Again, sorry if I misled, unfortuantley with the day job all this stuff is done very fast and it may have mistakes.