Okay, so here's what prompted yet another late night post.

Did some re-singing tonight. Mixed down a new lead vocal and 2 bgv tracks. They sounded PRIMO in RB. Balance and effects wise anyway. (I still can't find that "anti-nasal whiney" effect.)

Now, given RB's inability to dump to MP3 anymore, I have to use the intermediary step of dumping out to a WAV, sending it into Adobe Audition, and saving out to a 320k MP3 file that way. To test, I played the song back in this order.

RB multitracks
Merged WAV file played in RB
Merged WAV file played in Audition
Merged WAV file played in VLC player
Merged WAV file played in WMP
Merged WAV file played in Real Player
MP3 file played in Real Player
MP3 file played in WMP
MP3 file played in VLC Player
MP3 file played in Audition
MP3 file played in RB

ONLY as a RB file played in RB did the mix sound like it was when I sent it out. In every form factor after the merge to WAV, the vocals were out of balance. The 2 bgv tracks were so soft I could barely tell them were there.

Doesn't take Inspector Clouseau to figure out that the merge to WAV is where the bgv got lost in translation. So either I am doing something wrong, or RB is not sending out a representative mix when merging to a stereo WAV. Obvious resolutions are to find another way to take it from RB tracks to MP3, but until they fix that bug, I am kind of SOL here. Remember, the last couple of songs had bgv sent to me as done by a group singing them and they were already a WAV when they go there. I just loaded that WAV with the other WAV files RB created (I save every song as individual WAV files) into SONAR and mixed it there.

I mean guys, this was drastic. They were fine in RB but after the merge to a WAV those 2 tracks almost disappeared. So why THOSE 2 tracks? Why not the organ fills, or the hi hat ride?

Is RB trying to tell me to stop singing (like pretty much everybody else does)?

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.