In the old thread there are 3 other people having this issue. I wouldn't call that global, but I will say that 4 makes it not isolated. All 4 of us get the same error message:

"Can't get stream data"

Now, computer nerd logic.

Lame encoder, not quite as lame encoder, hip encoder, Bob's encoder... whatever encoder. No shades of gray. They work or they don't. So, (nerd mode) if I CAN open Adobe Audition, or Goldwave, or Audacity, and take a file from WAV to MP3, the encoder is working. It is a piece of software with no brain and no ability to pick and choose when it will work. It doesn't know if it is being invoked by Audacity, Real Band, Goldwave or Audition. I tested in Real Band at 44,100 at every rate from 128 to 320 and got the same error at every rate.

So I sit here thinking about that computer. "What has changed between the time it last worked and the first time it DIDN'T work?" And the answer is nothing. Things have changed SINCE it stopped working, but only downloading the K-Lite 910 codec pack, and that didn't break Audacity, Audition or Goldwave. It is just RB that is broken.

As we tell help desk callers to break any tension, "Perplexing indeed."

RB 2012 with the #6 patch, as I had when this still worked. Literally nothing has changed on that computer. I use it only for RB.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.