Quote:

I envy you guys for having the energy to do that. After my 40 hour job, there is just not enough gas in the tank to spend weeks preparing a show, then to load out, load in, set up, play, load out, load back into the house..... Even 2-3 a month would ruin me for the whole next week.

I had a band suddenly lose their sound man in July 2011 who called me to run sound. I did it until January. They didn't work much, but when I had to run sound on a Saturday, I didn't get home until 4am. By the time the adrenaline burned off, it was 5am before I got to sleep. Then I would sleep until 1pm. That made me lose my whole Sunday, as well as when it was time to go to sleep Sunday night, I had only been awake 9-10 hours and would lay awake until 2-3. Then the alarm woke me at 6:30, and I was tired all Monday. And that is all from just running sound!!

And to think that I was in a band that played 7 shows over 4 days from Thursday thru Sunday! Now I play one show a year and it drains me.

It was like that for me 10 years ago. Very tough to work 40 hrs and play on the weekend. I don't work anymore and quite frankly it's a lot of work just getting through the days with nothing.I wellcome the chance to play. Most gigs are earlier as well. 11:00PM the latest.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php