This is an interesting problem and I think I found what it is but I don't know how to fix it.
I also use the Forte as my default synth but as you'll see, that doesn't matter. I just played around with a seq that is 7 audio tracks, no midi. I unchecked the "reroute, etc" box but on the first midi track it still says Forte is the default synth at the bottom of the port list, port 16. I went back to the devices window and the first thing on the synth list is "none" so I selected it and exited but going back to the song, it still has Forte as the default in port 16. I did this a couple of times with the same result so I tried to load a VSTi that I never use and never set up in RB. After a string of error boxes, it finally said this synth failed to load and now it gives me "none" in the synth box and in the last midi port all it says is "synth 16 (default)" and there is no synth 16 so that would probably work for you but it's not very elegant.
I think the answer is you have to get "none" in the synth box to stick.
A return to factory settings will probably do it but that's clunky because you may want to use a synth and as soon as you do, RB will automatically use it as the default. I tried three different synths that I do use all the time and every time I picked one in that box, RB put it in port 16 as the default without me doing anything else so it's nothing to do with Forte it's whatever is the last synth selected and selecting none after that doesn't do anything. Funny I never noticed that before.
Obviously it's not an issue until you want to play 21 songs in a row.
Well I just had an idea but it didn't work either. I saved the song with "none" in the synth box and closed RB but when I reopened, the VSC is still the default because that's the last one I used. I'm thinking the factory default settings is the only way to do this and only select the forte on one track. I think if you do that and never put a default synth in the box, that may work but who want's to do that? As soon as you put anything in the default, the next time you want to jukebox your songs, you have to return to factory settings again.

Bob

Last edited by jazzmammal; 03/16/09 11:39 PM.

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.