eddie1261, you sound like a very bitter person, and really I don't blame ya!

But the bottom line is that too many folks sat on there duffs when all of this legal garbage was being passed, and just like always, now that it has hit folks at home, the cry goes out "NOT FAIR!"

I was one of those folks that you hate, I played in 5 pickup bands & 2 "solid" original bands for over 20 years in the tri-state area (Ohio-PA-WV), mostly in the animal clubs & wedding...... it is how I made my living that last couple decades of my career. We were FAR from being clones of each other, one was country, one was classic rock (what DOES that mean?), and the rest were variety, covering everything from jazz to bluegrass, from rock to latin...

And I have no problem with that, it is called a business for a reason, and that is how I handled it, paperwork and all. Bottom line, it was my job.

Selling out? Not even close, we "pro's" that do it / did it for a living call it working.....

I had the 2 original bands that played music we wrote & loved, and that was in NO WAY a compromise to the music of the times. Has anyone heard of us? No, only a loyal following that bought our CD's & came to see us when we gigged, but it was on out terms, and we loved it, no regrets at all mainly because it was good for the soul.

"When you reach a place where you are straining to sell 350 tickets, maybe it's time to learn how to weld, sit back, and pray for royalties."

What utter nonsense.......

It seems like your view of being a pro & making it is totally different than today's reality. I applaud the bands that are still out there doing there best, even if their torch is barely burning anymore, just like the fans that pay the high prices in gas, food, & cd's that go to see them.

Bottom line, the music world will never be as open, free, and chance taking as it was back in the 60's - 80's, it is a fact that we have to deal with....as for us, we will pay to see good artist no matter where they play, be it a coffee house, living room, rib burn-off, or a real-honest-to-goodness concert venue...and enjoy & appreciate every one of them!

Does my response sound harsh? Sorry if it does, but no more than your boo-hoo'ing about it instead of doing something about it.....

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10