I love that poem and read it often.

Many choose to just ease off into the sunset. I am going out kicking and screaming.

I lived my life in a cantankerous manner. I will die the same way!

It has been reported, though I can't confirm, that at my birth, when the doctor slapped my butt to wake me up I turned around and hit him back. Kids usually say mama or dada as their first word. I would have to guess mine was probably "&^%$&^ YOU!!", likely directed to my sister, who I have not liked since the day I was born. And as life went on, dislike has crossed into something more deeply seeded.

So as far as that relates to music, will I accept that it is what it is, but I don't have to like it and I will continue to be vocal and outspoken. I don't associate with people who participate in jam night based on the philosophical perspective to which I espouse about giving clubs music for free. They are supposed to pay professional musicians for their work. I have never been to a jam night and will never attend one. Attending constitutes supporting, and I choose to avoid them. Nobody misses me, my choosing to not attend does not ruin the event, and for the most part it's usually wannabe players who know "those 3 songs" and just want to feel relevant. I will go to songwriter nights on occasion, because at songwriter night I can be pretty sure I won't hear Brown Eyed Girl and Mustang Sally.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.