Greetings Paul,

Good thread and topic here. Peter and Company have really developed the ultimate practice tool with BIAB. I not only use it for my own personal practice, but for my students and classes as well. For Example:

1. My personal practice: I now have many folders containing the exercises of my music books. I play both Trumpet and Piano. Most brass exercises can be a tad bit tedious and unmusical. BIAB to the rescue, I now have tasty backing tracks for my Trumpet books, both Exercise and Etude books. I am also working on a Transcribed solo book, which I will put into BIAB. In this way I will have the Original MP3 of the solo (Clifford Brown or Bill Evans for example) Then the chords and solo written out in BIAB. I can slow down the solo or change keys at any time, allowing me to zero in on trouble spots. Last, I now have a Big folder of my personal favorite tunes, that I play using the Jukebox feature. This insures that I really know the tunes and is great for playing through without pausing, I can then shuffle these tunes in my iPod when Im gigging and I will always know the tune even if I can´t see my iPod!
2. I use BIAB in my Harmony and Music Theory classes. I have many music theory books now in BIAB format, it is so much better to play REAL MUSIC then just trying to explain some concept . This week, I made a file for the song Ïf you never come to me¨by AC Jobim. I was able to play in the melody from my EWI , Type in the chords and Print out parts for Concert, Bb and Eb instruments in less than 10 minutes! I then printed out another copy without the melody, asking my students to improvise using their pencils. I then printed another copy of a Soloist part (Pat Martino 16th note solo) WOW, my students were blown away by this approach to Improv.
Really Paul, I´m just scratching the surface here. PM me if you need more details, and I can also zip you some files so you can see what I´m talking about.

Hope this helps,
Ed
Acapulco