Quote:

Quote:

I have had some guitar students who just love shred music and want to play shred guitar.

Time to repeat my story from about 14 months back when I was in a Guitar Center store and there was some mid 20 something kid sitting on a Marshall hammering the hell out of a Les Paul neck with his right hand. I listened to him impress himself for about 45 seconsd and said "Nice. Hey, can you show me how to play a B flat major 7th?"

He handed me the guitar, laid an F-bomb on me, and left the store.

Tell the shredders to look up Andy Leftwich and see what speed is about. As much as I love Dream Theater, i can take Petrucci for about 5 minutes and then I have to turn it off. Between him and Rudess, they just fit SO many notes into a bar....

There is a cartoon somewhere that has the caption "DREAM THEATER SHEET MUSIC" and the art is a solid black bar on staff paper. I laughed so hard I almost choked.

I can relate to the kid in GC. I’ve had a couple of very similar experiences with “know-it-all” students.

Loved the “Dream theater sheet music”! I can relate to those remarks also.

I want my last spoken words to be "I hid a million dollars under the........................"

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware